I fit the stereotype of today’s young adult and spend a lot of time using social media. I do not let anyone make me feel bad for my decision to participate on the sites. It is cheaper than anything else I could do and I avoid a lot of potential trouble and drama. Besides, for me, being a part of social media is gratifying and it’s a lot of fun. Why do I find social media sites so fascinating you ask? There’s a ton of things I could say about social media, but I’ll limit myself to the 9 below.
- I stay in contact with friends, family and schoolmates using social media sites. I have family around the world so it is not possible for us to get together every day. But thanks to social media, it doesn’t feel so distant. Same for my friends and classmates.
- I have made plenty of friends using social media. For most people, it is easy to make friends but that isn’t true for me. But, when I am a part of the social media world. I suddenly become fun and popular. I get lots of likes and followers on Instagram which really boosts my self -esteem. I even purchased likes and followers on Instagram when I first started using the site. It is really awesome.
- Social media sites help me stay connected to the world. I use the site to learn about current events, stories around town, and other important information. I never watch the news on TV.
- Using social media eliminates any boredom that would be in my life. I can easily spend hours using social media and never grow tired of the excitement that is always there. Social media is there when I want it to be and is always ready to give me the good time I am after.
- Some sites, like Facebook, have groups that you can join. No matter your interest, there is a group for that. You can converse with likeminded people, learn information, share posts and photos, laugh, and it is incredibly fun.
- I can promote products that I am selling on social media. I am always selling something, so this is a nice benefit for myself.
- I’ve made plenty of money using the site. We all love money so I am sure that you are now envious. But you shouldn’t be because it is something that you can do just as easily.
- Social media lets me stay in the house, right where I want to be. There is nothing but trouble out there in the big world!
- I love sharing content with my followers, learn what they are up to, and striking up conversations about various topics. There is so much more to social media than what many people will give it credit for but I know that it is there and that it is so great. And I make sure to take advantage of social media fun whenever I can.