- Twitter is an awesome site that I use every day. I admit that I prefer Instagram over Twitter, but nonetheless must make my daily tweets and find out what is going on in the Twitter world, too. It is a site that is much different than the other social media platforms. The biggest difference is the length of posts, since Twitter limits them to 280 characters (a recent increase from 150 characters). But, the audience, the type of posts you run on the site, and other differences keep the site fun and entertaining and it’s a site that I plan to use for a long time to come. Read below to learn some of the biggest reasons you should join me on Twitter and make your own account.
- Share Your World: What’s going on in your world? When you’re on Twitter, it’s easy to share this information, whether it is a video that you find interesting, a photo that you’ve taken of the recent home addition that you posted on Instagram, or a link to a recently written blog post. Twitter makes it easy for its users to share their life with the world.
- Meet New People: Want to meet new people? There are a lot of people on Twitter who’s ready to meet you, too. Over 300 million people use Twitter, many of whom log into their account every day. You can meet people from locations around the world when Twitter is a part of the efforts.
- Market Your Company: Do you have a product to tell the world about? Do you market your company and products on Instagram and Facebook? Then you need to use Twitter too. If you don’t know how to get real followers on Instagram, one of the best ways is cross promotion.
- It’s Fun: Social media is fun and there is no way to deny this fact. Using Twitter allows you to take a break from the norms of the day and unwind, learn, and have fun with the people who you follow.
- It’s Easy: It takes seconds to create a Twitter account and once the account is made, you’re ready to start following people and gaining new followers. You should take the time to familiarize yourself with the site before you jump in, however, and make sure to read over the terms of service.
- Gain Clout; if you want to gain social media clout or popularity, you should be a part of the Twitter community. Twitter posts capture great SEO results and with the right hashtags and the possible notice by influencers, the site can help you gain the popularity that you are looking to find.
I could go on and on with reasons why you should join Twitter but I think that you get the point already. It’s a great site to be a part of and one that will help you in a variety of ways. It’s a social media platform that’s been around for years and has plenty to offer. So make sure that Twitter is included in the list of social media platforms that you’re using on a regular basis.